Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 8, Tuesday, breakfast and WALK-A-THON info


I've been up 3 hours, so I guess I'd better eat. I'm just not an early eater. 500 cals worth of bran flakes with 1% milk is my breakfast, here at 8:30 a.m.


Walk-a-thon! Durning the week of May 17-23 (aka next week), I am going to walk 30 miles to raise money for SRD! I can hear your questions -- "What is SRD?" and "Have you ever walked 30 miles in a week before?".


"What is SRD?"-- SRD stand for State Recognition Days. It is a TOPS event. It is when the TOPS queen and king are crowned and lots of weight loss award winners are presented. There are also a lot of nutrition and exercise seminars going on throughout the 2 day event. It will be held May 29 & 30 at the Radisson in Tulsa.


And I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do not have the $$$$$ to go. Hence, the walk-a-thon. I am sending a "please sponsor me" letter to my aunts and uncles. If any of my cyber friends would like to help, that would be awesome too! ANY amount--even 5 bucks--will help. While I am at SRD, I am going to try to have my pic made with "the queen" and everyone who sponsored me will recieve a thank you letter and a pic of me with the queen :) please? Don't feel bad if you are financially strapped right now. I understand. But for the others who can, I thank you so much!


On to question #2- "Have you ever walked 30 miles in a week before?" and the answer to that is a HUGE no. Looking back over my exercise log, I think the most I have ever done in a 7 day period is 9 miles. So, yes, that is going to be a huge walk for me. But I can do it!


ttyl,

Amy aka that TOPS lady


No comments:

Post a Comment