Friday, May 29, 2009

Week 11, Friday, Weight Lifting and Looking for the Queen




Oops...just realized that my pic is sideways. Oh well.
Well, here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed early in the morning. I am so excited about my trip to Tulsa this evening! For anyone who may have missed it, I am going to State Recognition Days for TOPS (take off pounds sensibly). There will be nutrition and exercise workshops, lots of before and afters, awards for people who lost more than 100 pounds. Oh! And a new queen (and king) will be crowned! They are the people who made it to their goal weight in 2008 and who lost more pounds in the process than anyone else in the state. I wanna have my picture made with the queen! Ok, actually I want to wear her crown, but I won't ask. I will be happy with a picture. Maybe next year *I* can be the queen! When I get to my goal weight, I will have lost 137.25 pounds.




Last night I was searching the internet about my back issue. I read that a lot of back injuries come from sports related stuff. So, I began to think about what I was doing when I hurt my back. (get ready for too much information).....I was sitting on the toilet and I saw a wet towel in the floor just inches away from the laundry basket. I leaned forward to get it and put it in the basket and when I did *OUCH*, well, that's when I hurt my back. And now you know the rest of the story. Anyway, I decided that it IS a sports related injury. And the sport is weight lifting! Hey-- I'm carrying over 100 pounds of extra weight with every step I take (and with every bend I make)....so...yep...there ya have it. I haven't had a spasm in over 24 hours now, so maybe it is getting better. I can still feel it though and I am stiff. It will pass.




The pic shows my wonderfully delicious 500 cal breakfast.




Well well well...I guess that is all there is to say...........I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll "see ya" in a couple of days!




Thanks for your friendship!


:) Amy aka that TOPS lady

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time at SRD. I secretly would love to be state queen too, maybe next year we can reach our goal together *smile*. Hope your back gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sports related injury--that' great! Glad to hear you are going to make it to SRD. Can't wait to see your pictures and hear about the weekend. When I lived in South Texas my Mom and I used to do TOPS. It was a great group of ladies. I was like 22 at the time and the youngest, by far, but they were very good to me. It was a great time. So, I have a special place in my heart for TOPS people. Be blesses--Bonnie

    ReplyDelete