Thursday, June 25, 2009

My husband rocks.


I have a blogger friends who does a weekly "my husband rocks" post but she is taking a reprieve (is that a word?) from it today so *I* am going to take up the slack and tell about why MY husband rocks. (and for those of you who think I kind of dress like those polygamist mormon women in Texas, may I add that my blogger friend and I do NOT have the same hubby! LOL Just to be clear. )


My hubby rocks because:


He just came home from working in 100 degree weather all day and decided to put a coat of Old English on the wood trim in our home. He also went to get some Tarter Sauce to go with his supper (I'd have sent my spouse, if I had been in the heat all day).


He works EVERY day no matter what (unless he is having surgery or something....he did have his gallbladder removed a couple of years ago, but I doubt that procedure was done as an excuse to miss work Ha!) He does everything in his power to provide for his family. On top of that, he doesn't want me to work. (yay!) He wants me to cook his supper, wash his clothes, clean his house, teach his children, etc. We are old fashioned, but we like it this way.


He watches the kids and lets me go on ONE HOUR long walks in the evenings.


He complains rarely. He is easy to please.


He supports my efforts to lose weight and my involvement with TOPS.


He listens to me gripe (I gripe quite a bit...not about him...but about other things and other people)


He loves God. He does the right thing. He works for the church (just whatever needs to be done).

In the picture at the top of this post, we in the car after he had worked all day in the heat, driving 2 hours away to take a car key to our pastor who was at youth camp, almost 2 hours away. Oh, and that is not a cigarrette in his mouth ...its a sucker.


etc, etc, etc......I could go on...but I'll save some for another time. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I am so proud of you for taking up my slack today. It makes me feel a bit ashamed for letting pettiness get to me today. My husband still rocks! And on the other front--I wanted to post about the other two, but I was embarrassed. So sad that he died on the same day as Farah Fawcett--no she won't get any attention. I used to have a MJ poster when I was 11--back when we has black. Sad that he was only 50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful man he is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how he does it...If I had to work all day in the 100 degree heat, my wife would have to visit me in the hospital! I certainly wouldn't be concerned about polishing the wood work or driving to the store for anything!!

    Good guy.

    I completely respect your old fashioned values, it is hard for me to completely wrap my mind around, I'll be honest.

    If you're happy, then it couldn't be more perfect!

    I'm so happy for your success and I'm thrilled to be able to follow your triumphs!

    You have a fan in me! My best always to you and yours,

    God Bless,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete