Friday, April 2, 2010

You reap what you sow.


Wednesday night, as I have already blogged about, I lost my head and stayed up until 3:30 a.m. googling STUPID stuff on the internet. Woke up the next morning (yesterday) and had a crazy busy day. I was gone from the house from 9 a.m. until around 8 p.m. The kids had activities to go to, I ran errands for my mother and then I bought groceries at three different grocery stores. (bad timewise, great bargain wise!) Thankfully, mom babysat the kids while I was at the grocery stores.

After I got home, I ate my pie and read some blogs. (yes, pie. Hershey Sundae Pie, which I love, was on sale and I told myself all day that if I would eat reasonably all day and have enough calories left that I could have 2 pieces...which I did) Hubby said he wanted to go to walmart and buy The Biggest Loser game for the wii, to which I said "I am going nowhere, but if you want to, go ahead". After he got home and was trying out the game, I laid on the couch "to watch" and fell asleep there within minutes.

My 30 minutes of exerercise did NOT get done. :( So, I failed on one part of the spring challenge yesterday. I plan to make up for it today by doing an hour of exercise.

Something else I need to tweak about the spring challenge is this: Writing something good about myself everyday is a bit much. It is hard to come up with something AND I sound really full of myself. LOL So, I am going to change that to once per week and my "spring challenge check-in" day will probably be Tuesday because that is TOPS day and I always report on that.

Yesterday:

(keep in mind, 95% of this was eaten while on the go)

9 a.m.....140 cals
fiber one bar

10 a.m....293 cals
junior breakfast burrito from sonic

12:10 p.m.....120 cals
4 pack pb crackers

2:40 p.m....630 cals
1.5 cups bran flakes
half cup granola
half a banana
1.5 cup 1% milk (I actually ran to the house between grocery stores to fix this cereal and take it with me. I knew it would be better than driving through somewhere...plus I didn't want to eat too much UNhealthy stuff since I planned to have the very unhealthy pie before bed)

7:30 p.m.....326 cals
6" turkey sub from subway

8:30....1,085 cals
2 piece hershey sundae pie
5 almonds
1 pc. pizza (little ceasars)
fiber one 90 cal bar

TOTAL CALS= 2,594 (in range)
water= 86 ounces ( I drove through and got a 44 ounce ice water twice!)


P.S. For many years, I told myself that I would be at my goal weight before I turned 30. But 30 came and went. Then I said "before 31". etc, etc. One week from today I will turn 32. All I'm shooting for is to be less than 300 pounds. That means I need to lose 5 and a fourth pounds. I'll have to really boogie if I'm going to. Wish me luck and a solid resolve!

2 comments:

  1. IMHO you really should try to come up with something daily. I am sure if you really thought about it you could come up with them. Will it be easy? No, but it is a good exercise in self-esteem/self-awareness. Just my two cents.

    Best of luck to you reaching your goal by next Friday. You will have to bust tail but it will be worth it for sure!

    Have a good weekend and a hoppy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5.25 lbs in a week? Well, it can be done, but like Katie said, it will really take some tail busting! And consistency EVERY SINGLE DAY, NO EXCEPTIONS.

    And you might have to give up a week of playing all night on the Sleep Robber... er... computer. ;-)

    I know milestones are symbolic and important. So, I won't try to discourage you from an unrealistic goal. It actually CAN be done, if you are willing to pay the price. So I'm rooting for you... it would be fun to make this mini-goal by your birthday. And just think of how energizing that would be for you.

    Waving my pom-poms for you!!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete