Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!



Yesterday was my birthday. As my present to myself, I told myself that I could "go wild" and eat whatever I wanted, but only during the 24 hour period. And I did. I'll spare you the details. Sadly, I didn't enjoy it (the greasy food) as much as I thought I would. I think that is good. Perhaps I have made some mental changes. Last night I was feeling somewhat sick (imagine that) and I felt like I really wanted a bottle of water and a kashi bar. Weird. But a good weird.
I only ate ONE piece of cake. I was too full to eat more. I've got to get the rest of that cake OUT of my house today. must.

I did not make my goal of being under 300. But that's okay. I'm close. And I'm still going down. I'll get there. My wii said I was 303.75 yesterday morning.

I cancelled school and decided that we would do things that *I* love all day. :) We went to yard sale after yard sale after yard sale! My son didn't particularly love this. But I bought him and his sister some stuff to keep the peace. Really, who wants to hear a bunch of whining on their birthday? "Here, take this 50 cents and find something to buy and be happy already." LOL :) It works!

I bought a blouse that is great for church and does NOT have to be ironed (yay!). I found a loveseat that I LOVE and I jimmied them down to $40 on it. I also got a beautiful end table for just $3. (these are pictured above). I was really looking for porch furniture but didn't find any. So I went to the dollar store and bought me some :) I reimbursed myself, partially, when mom gave me birthday money...so one of the chairs is from her. This made it float a little better with the hubby ;) It was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!!
    I totally understand what you are saying about being kinda glad you didn't enjoy the overindulgence as much as you thought you would. Been there, dun that! I agree, your thinking is changing, and that's a great birthday present to yourself. :-)
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where are you? I just found your blog and I love it! Update!

    ReplyDelete