Friday, November 4, 2011

The Thanksgiving/Christmas Plan.

Here's the plan I am committing to: the day before Thanksgiving and the day before Christmas Eve (the day my family celebrates), I may eat some of the goodies I am preparing BUT I MUST journal every bite and count every calorie and NOT go over my calories for the day. The day OF Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, I will not journal and I can eat what I want BUT I MUST still get in a fruit and at least 5 servings of veggies. I will NOT have sweets AT ALL for 5 days after the holiday (lest the holidays start me on a sugar binge!) I will still drink at least 132 ounces of water every day and I will keep my regular workout routine through it all (which is walking at least 3 miles or doing at least 45 minutes of dancing/workout video every day except Wednesday.)

So, that's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

What is your plan?

4 comments:

  1. I like your plans! Way to go figuring it out way in advance, too.

    I really have to make some firm plans for all this! Right now all I have is that I will stick to my primarily plant based. Now that I found out there will also be ham at Thanksgiving, it will be hard to pass up the meat. I'm not so much a fan of turkey, I could take it or leave it. But ham? I never let myself have it, but I love it. So I might save my "animal based" allowed days for the two actual holidays. I think I am going to allow myself sugar also on just those days, but I have to come up with some guidelines on how to control it. Because I know me, if I say I can eat sugar that day, and rationalize that it's a holiday, I'll probably eat it all day long with reckless abandon. It's not funny. So I may allow myself some sugar, still count calories, and then increase how many calories I allow by 500 or something. I dunno. I've still got to get more concrete plans for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan!

    My plan going into the holidays is one treat per week in the weeks leading up to...on Thanksgiving Day one dessert...On the day that I bake with my nieces 2 cookies (one made by each)...On any day I run an official 5k I can have one treat. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day no counting of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. geeeee I am going to have to sit down and plan my Christmas too....BUT have to get past this wedding at the end of this month, the one that I given up chocolate & bikkies for !!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My plan is to eat the same way I do on every other day. I do not get my jollies with food today. With this plan I do not need to spend the next 7 weeks plotting and scheming what I can have and get away with. I do not have to fear the days ahead. That is what is working for me.

    ReplyDelete