Monday, August 12, 2013

food diary Sunday 8-11-13

I fell asleep at 5 p.m. yesterday and slept 14 hours (!) so that is why this is late being posted.

I got back from picking my son up at 3:15 a.m. then slept less than 4 hours then went to teach Sunday School.

I ate kasha cereal, organic granola, and milk on the way.

After I got home, I cleaned the living room (company was coming!) and I was starving so I ate a kasha mocha bar, then slept about 20 minutes.

Company came (my cousin from NJ and his parents) and took my family out to eat at my dad's favorite restaurant---Bill's catfish. There is a lot of emotion behind this. My dad has been having chemo for about 9 months or so and it killed his taste buds. He was miserable, not being able to taste and was losing a lot of weight. He decided to quit the chemo because he thought living a shorter time and being able to eat was better than living a longer time and being miserable. However, the day we went in to officially quit chemo, we got tests results back that said his cancer was growing. He compromised on a 3 week break from chemo. During that time, he has regained his taste. We decided we all needed to eat at dad's favorite place, as one big happy family, one more time while he can enjoy it...before he starts chemo back. So........yeah........Bill's catfish.........where EVERY SINGLE PLATTER you can choose from is deep fried.

I ordered a HALF order of the catfish plate and a side salad, which was basically a cup of iceburg.

I probably got in 60 oz of water during the day.

I went home and later had a fiber one bar.

Then I fell asleep at 5 p.m. and that is that.

SO,....I did not meet many of my goals yesterday. But, I did my best in the situations I was in. And I sure needed the sleep.

My weight this morning is 259.4

1 comment:

  1. Even if you didn't meet your goals, you still had a good day...and enjoyed a day with your family. And that is VERY IMPORTANT :)

    ReplyDelete