Wednesday, June 2, 2010

busy, busy,busy but good.



This sign in the grocery store made me laugh. They left out the decimal, making the original price of the cantaloupe 2 for five *hundred* dollars instead of 2 for five dollars. Since they are marked down to 99 cents now, that's a savings of $249.01!!! Quite a bargain! *wink, wink!* (Also, it is supposed to read "DUE to the quality" not "DO to the quality". I mean, we all have our days (me included!) when we do silly things like that...but the sad part about it is that apparently NO ONE who works at the store realized the error. Or maybe they did and they just felt bad about correcting the person who made it. Who knows. Whatever. Made me laugh. :)

Sorry I haven't posted lately. Things are busy! This weekend I am having a yard sale, bake sale,and selling nachos. It is time to completely remodel my Sunday school room and it has to be done by Sunday morning. Also, my son leaves Monday for camp so there's prep for that. aaacccckkkk! busy! :) But I am handling it well.

Yesterday we went to town and bought ALL of the things son will need for camp and all the groceries we will need for the next two weeks. I didn't get home until after 11 p.m.! But that is DONE and I can mark that off my list.

I also went to my TOPS meeting and had my third week of losses in a row :) I lost 1.75 pounds, weighing in at 305.5, so I was pleased with that. God has really blessed me. I really haven't been having trouble with the no sweets thing. It is just settled in my mind. I KNOW I'm not going to have them, so it's not even something to contemplate. For me, it's totally different when I make a vow to God and when I make one to myself. I break promises to myself often. But not to God! If I speak it in a vow to Him, then that's just the way it's going to be. Anyway............this long paragraph is just to say that I'm doing well with that. And my calories have been several hundred under the limit. yay!

My dear sister took me out for a diet cherry coke last night and I enjoyed that.

I've gotta get busy again! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I know that I am not a perfect person, but that sign would have driven me crazy. I would have had to point it out to management or something. Spelling errors are a great pet peeve of mine, now is that not just the saddest thing I could possibly have a peeve about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the loss ! Not only is the spelling scary, but it makes me wonder are these cantaloupes exceptionally ripe ? Really bad ? Loaded with some kind of mind control drug ? If my store posted such a sign I would be up at the service counter arguing for lower prices on several things due to quality, just to be a brat. Could be a whole lot of fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed the last post about the blessing at church, and the no sweets vow. Wow! You are doing amazing. I am so happy for you. And with sugar getting out of your system, I'll bet you might even feel better??

    Either way, congrats for the consistent losses. The 40 days will go fast. :-)
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete