Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I have ~*HOPE*~


My friend from my old chapter, who is a KOPS, taught last night's program. She taught about hope. Can you REALLY visualize yourself at your goal? Do you REALLY believe you can do it? You won't do it if you don't believe you can. It was a great program.

I lost .75 pounds. I am now 297.25 pounds.

I have some girlfriends who are doing something called a "Daniel fast". For 21 days, you eat nothing but fruits, veggies and nuts. I think that's too big of a leap for me, but I may do SOME of it. Anyway, we had a party of sorts with these ladies last night and I ate some things I had never tried: raw carrots, raw broccoli, potato soup, celery. I can't say I LOVED any of those things, but it was nice to realize that I CAN eat these things. Perhaps I would like them more if I ate them more, such as was the case with bananas.

I am out of my funk. YAY!

We dug out of the snow on Saturday and it was a wonderful weekend. ANOTHER snow storm hits tonight and the tv is saying we will be snowed in at least until Friday. So, schoolwork is being postponed while we spend the day paying bills, buying groceries and preparing for the storm. I bet town is swamped with people doing the same. Schoolwork will easily be made up this evening or during the next 2 days of being snowed in.

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have never had celery! It is one of my favorites and I dip it in salsa! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have Hope. I absolutely love this picture of you with the Sepia tones. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I looove potato soup, but kudos for trying it all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on that 75 pound weight loss. That is terrific! Our group has also been talking about how powerful it can be to visualize yourself as having already met your goal. Then you have to visualize how you will feel too, all the emotions, plus the physical changes. Difficult at first, but doing this every night just before I turn out the light has become easier for me over the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like raw celery. I can eat it cooked. I am going to try a recipe I have for "Faux Potato Soup". It's cauliflower instead of potatoes. Wouldn't it be nice if it's as good as potato soup?
    Ya'll be careful and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clarification: There's a POINT in front of that 75 :) I didn't lose 75 pounds this week LOL I lost 3/4 of a pound.

    My total weight loss is 33 and 3/4 pounds lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also do not like raw celery. I can eat it cooked though and in stuff. Congrats on your weight loss Wow 75 lbs. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! Our "About Me" is pretty similar. :) I can't yet visualize myself at goal. Sometimes I have dreams of looking how I used to. Sometimes I gag at the thought of that vision with loose skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your loss...they all add up!

    Can't believe you'd never tried raw carrots. My favorite veggie. I love shredded carrots. I don't like raw celery but like it cooked in foods. Potato soup is yummy! Good for you for trying new foods.

    ReplyDelete